DD has her first loose tooth!!!

She showed me last night right before bed. I am so excited for her! It's her top tooth surprisingly. I thought the bottom were the first to go, but I guess not in her case.

Anyone know a way I can preserve it without it rotting once it's out?
How long does it take for the tooth to fall out normally?

LostSoul88

Asked by LostSoul88 at 8:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• That's so cute. She'll be wiggling that thing til it's barely hanging on. At least that's how it's been in my past experiences. I guess how long it takes depends on how much she messes with it. I kept the 1st tooth lost of each of my kids in a plastic baggie. Enjoy this new little milestone.  :)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 9:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Awww, how cute. Length of time depends on the tooth. Some come out right away and some take forever. I just put DS's first one in a plastic baggie.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 9:10 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• They last forever, let it dry first, then store. I put my son's in an old pill bottle.

Answer by Bmat at 9:17 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Yes, they last forever! My Son just lost his third tooth the other day. Did you feel if the lower front are loose too? My Son's top teeth were loose the same time the bottom ones were but he lost the bottom ones first. They look so adorable with a missing tooth! After I put them in the envelop for the Tooth Fairy & "she" leaves the money, I sneak it into a little box I have in my curio cabinet.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:58 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Ask the dentist. There are little clear capsules you can put teeth in when they fall out. My stepson got one for his broken tooth and has insisted on keeping it for a few years already.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 3:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2013