How can I get the smell of burnt food out of the house?

Stupid time in the kitchen! I didn't put enough liquid in the pressure cooker, and now the whole house stinks SO BAD of burnt corned beef.... It seems worse this morning than it did last night!
I have a door wide open and an incense going - but it's sooo strong, even in the bedrooms. Help?!

anestheticsex

Asked by anestheticsex at 10:37 AM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Home & Garden

• Boil a equal parts water and vinegar on the stove. It will instantly remove the smell.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 11:31 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Set out shallow dishes of white vinegar, open the windows (you already know that)< dampen a towel with water and wave it throughout the house, dampen it with vinegar if you like., Set out hallow dishes of baking soda

Any of those will help and of course clean the burnt area.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Can you aim a fan facing out the window? Maybe make cookies to cover up the burnt smell? I burn stuff all the time. It will fade. When my Son was in preschool the Teacher went around the room & asked the kids what does Mommy make the best? My Son said black toast! So when I went to pick him up that day the teacher asked me "what do you put on his toast, Nutella?" & she smiled. I said "No, it's just really burnt!" LOL!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 10:51 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• That's funny! And now I want cookies.. bad! I'll leave all the back windows open while I'm at work today. I'm afraid this experience will make me not want corned beef ever again. lol
    anestheticsex

Comment by anestheticsex (original poster) at 11:04 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• That's genius, Gwen! I'll try it when I get home.. thank you!
    anestheticsex

Comment by anestheticsex (original poster) at 11:33 AM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Vinegar is great at getting rid of odors.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 11:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2013