What is it about C4C that a lot of ladies here want to get rid of it?

I have been a regular at this section for years, have made wonderful virtual friends that I connect with daily, it is a section where I vent a lot to my regulars, and they do the same. Why do you ladies want to get rid of this so bad?

Asked by older at 12:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Just for Fun

Level 69 (2,285,492 Credits)
  • I'm with Ballad on this one. Live & let live. We are all grown-ups here, at least I think so. Anyway, I've never visited that section personally, but I think it's a shame that someone like you Older would be denied a bit of pleasure on this site b/c some busy bodies who think they have internet super powers or they are in charge of CM in some way, don't like it. If you don't like a section or a question/post, then move on. That's what the up & down arrows are for.
    Hope you get to keep it OP.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 12:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I've never understood the C4C section. I've gone in a few times, only to find multiple posts with a single member's name with no answers. Then that member answers with some random word and the question is closed with BA.

It makes no sense to me, and only appears to be a breeding ground for mass accumulation of useless points.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 1:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I just see it as a pointless credit whoring section. How much meaningful conversation is really gained by posting someone's SN as a "question" and having them answer usually with a . in order to award "best answer". What's really the "prize" for having the most "credits". There is none so why bother?
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• What's the point? All I see are three people that call each other's name and say Thanks! Looks like a waste of space to me.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I think we are paranoid that trolls level up in there to get to the level you unlock the anon option.

That's not paranoia. It's reality, we've watched it happen. Aside from that, it completely invalidates the entire point of having to unlock the anon option, or earning extra vote ups. Go look at the top 10 on the Dean's list - are those the people who post the most useful, helpful answers? Two are trolls who deleted their accts to try and dodge all the heat they created, 2 haven't posted once this year, 2 never post anywhere but C4C and obvious spam questions outside C4C, 1 posts outright offensive answers to questions because she doesn't understand them and only wants points. Over half the "top 10 answers" aren't even participants of this section.

That's what C4C does.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 12:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• b/c some busy bodies who think they have internet super powers or they are in charge of CM in some way

It wouldn't have anything to do with the ADMINS of the site asking for our opinions or the section being abused, no, it's just people being mean to older.

going crazy

NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• it was REALLY annoying when the credits thing started. not so much now.

but honestly, most of the C4Cers dont answer much other questions (except for you). its just C4C, so why are they even here? to get points? why dont y'all just exchange info outside of CM and talk thru email or FB so you can keep your friendship?

they got rid of Back to School (which had actual questions in it) and kept C4Cs...just seems wrong to me.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 12:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• b/c some busy bodies who think they have internet super powers or they are in charge of CM in some way, don't like it.

Be a little bitchier next time. There are a lot of people who it is a waste of space. I personally don't think I have internet super powers or have any say here. Just think it is pointless.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• what about the useless encyclopedia section?

I'm sure if BTC asks, people will say get rid of that too, especially with the whole "no room for an answers tab" bs.

(I didn't get permission from mrsmom to post this, I hope it's ok)
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• hat about the useless encyclopedia section?

That needs to die right along with "The Stir" but that is "separate" from answers sadly.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 1:22 PM on Jun. 12, 2013