could ur water brake and u not know it??????

like if u were in the shower or something???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:47 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I've heard that since its not always a gush of fluid, it just kind of...leaks...sometimes, that it is pretty hard to notice. I don't know if this is true though, since I've never personally experienced it yet.
    Lapis_Lazuli

Answer by Lapis_Lazuli at 9:52 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• you would feel it coming out of you
    Anonymous

• I don't know. I know that when my water broke it woke me out of a deep sleep at 4 in the morning. =)
    Anonymous

• Its possible, I suppose.

My water broke and it was a total GUSH of fluid. And it didn't stop for about an hour either lol.

I'd think you'd keep leaking so, so you'd have some idication.
    .Peaches.

Answer by .Peaches. at 9:55 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I thought the same thing when I had my son, it was my 1st pregnancy, you'll know when it breaks its alot, I think of it like a balloon that gets so full that it breaks its kind of like that. You'll feel it when it breaks its not painful but you'll feel the release.
    JewelandJoseph

Answer by JewelandJoseph at 9:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• It seems you are peeing out of control. I mean NO CONTROL.....but it will just sit and get wetter and wetter. YOU WILL KNOW...You might even feel the pop down there, then it will start.
    racingmomma

Answer by racingmomma at 10:02 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• i had a slow leak and didnt know for 16 hours! it kept randomly coming a little bit at a time i thought i kept peeing a little lol
    Kennadismom

Answer by Kennadismom at 10:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yes, it can. The baby's head can act like a cork. If this is the case, it will be heavier when you lay down. If you are having unusual amounts of discharge, have your doc check you out. Running around with a broken water can open you up to infection.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:11 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Mine ruptured and it was like I was peeing my pants over and over. I realized I wasn't pushing it out and it was just leaking. That's how I knew my water broke.
    Samanthasmom210

Answer by Samanthasmom210 at 10:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• I had a high leak that I walked around with for a week not realizing what it was. I just thought it was irritating discharge until I went into labor and they told me that's what it was. If you notice random little amounts of fluid that feel like you are peeing when you are not, ask your doc to check for amniotic fluid. :)
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 11:34 AM on Feb. 18, 2009