Does anyone use the MagicJack PLUS??

How does it work? Do you like it?? We don't really need a home phone, since we all have cells. We're considering getting the MagicJack PLUS, the new one that now you dont need a home computer to plug into. My DH would really use it only to call his parents in Canada.

Thanks for any input.

WifeyandMom71

Asked by WifeyandMom71 at 1:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Technology

• We use it and it's perfect for our needs. The only downfall is that because it runs off the internet, when the internet connection fades the call gets fuzzy. I've never had a call completely drop though and it doesn't happen more often than a cell phone does. You can't go TOO far from the router (but then again you can't with a real home phone either). But it was cheaper for us than bundling a home phone with long distance service into our TV/Internet package. It has caller ID, call waiting, etc. Also, the voicemail only goes to your e-mail and since my phone and table aren't compatible with the .wav files I literally have to log on to the computer to listen to them but all important calls have my cell anyway. We use the home phone only for outbound calls and friends and family who can't reach us on the cell.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I used the magic Jack when we were stationed in Italy because it worked there and I even had a stateside phone number. This way my family could call us as well and it didn't cost an arm and a leg. I don't use it here in the states though because I have a cell
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Thanks maecntpntz219. Is there a limit on how many calls per month?? How much do you pay per month??
    WifeyandMom71

Comment by WifeyandMom71 (original poster) at 7:57 PM on Jun. 12, 2013