Washing a Mattress adult content

Ok my son is 3 and he has a bed wetting problem.. I buy the huggies Bedmats but they only work to a certain extint.. I wanted to know is there any way to clean a mattress or do I have to buy a whole new one? I use febreeze it works but I wanna clean the whole think any advice ideas

Ms_Fabulous

Asked by Ms_Fabulous at 4:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Relationships

• Why is this in relationships?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:28 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• oxyclean

baking soda
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 4:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Have you changed his routine? No drinks after a certain time, making him go potty before bed, waking him up once during the night to go??
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 4:31 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• This sounds crazy, but it will work because the stain is protein-based. Sprinkle meat tenderizer onto the mattress, and it will break down the stain and odor. Scrub the powder into the mattress, rinse off with a wet cloth, repeat as necessary.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:53 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• If he's peeing that much,he NEEDS to still be in a diaper/Pullup/Goodnites
    The mattress is most likely trashed

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 4:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• You can purchase mattress covers at Walmart and I'm sure other places as well.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 5:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'd use a solution of vinegar and baking soda. Then go buy a mattress cover. I bought one at Steels for a twin and it was only 6 bucks.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 5:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Take it to the car wash, and wash it really well, then rinse it and rinse it some more, load it up and put it outside to dry, make sure to keep flipping it and then buy some plastic covers for the damn thing, you must be buying your kid the wrong size of pull ups, no problem with leaking here.
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 5:48 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Put him in pull ups. Buy a new mattress in a few years when the problem is gone.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 9:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I never heard of washing a mattress. How come you don't have a waterproof mattress pad on the bad to begin with?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2013