Question about pullups

I know this seems ignorant, but I have never used pullups. My 2 1/2 yo dd is almost trained, but still occasionally has "accidents" Next week our church has Vacation Bible School and she's going (because I'm volunteering). I was thinking about buying a pack of pullups for the week just to avoid any accident incidents. They work just like panties, right? Slide up and down? I don't want her to know they're just like diapers and think she can pee in them, but I'm thinking they will be enough like panties that she can still go to the potty like she normally does. Any preference between the Huggies brand vs Pamper brand?

Asked by missanc at 4:27 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just buy them a bit larger than the size you'll need so they won't be too tight to pull up and down. There are some cute ones with princesses on them that look more like panties than the plain ones.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• They work generally like panties, but they are harder to get up and down (IMO) than the real thing. They also have velcro on the side, long strips instead of tabs like a diaper, but you'll want to be careful of her not undoing those - I had a hard time getting them redone myself if DS got one loose.

It's a lot more expensive, but have you considered a few pairs of Imsy Vimsy you can take wash and rotate as needed?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 4:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Thanks for the idea - I had never heard of those, but I'm just looking for something cheap to use for that one week. We've only been potty training for 2 weeks and she's doing great, I just don't want anyone else to have to deal with the occasional accident especially since she'll be in a new place with new people.

Comment by missanc (original poster) at 4:39 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I would think they would be a little harder for little hands to navigate. They are bulkier and the biggest worry I would have is them setting back the potty training. They wick moisture away from the skin so it isn't as uncomfortable as panties. As long as she likes wearing panties though, a week or so shouldn't undo her progress. Just have her practice pulling them up and down a day or two before having to use them.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 4:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• they do pull up and down- but the are thick like diapers so...

occasionally, they can tear apart as well (on the side where it is put together)
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 4:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• they work like undies but look and feel like a diaper. My son wears them at night and still calls them diapers. Huggies have the Velcro on the side and, Pampers don't and the pampers are softer, my ds likes them better
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 4:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013