Xanax question.

My SO just got a script to xanax becuase he has depression, anxiety, anger, chemical imbalances. He was on Depakote but it wasnt doing anything really. So now he has the 2ml xanax to take everyday, those are the "footballs" in street terms. Is anyone else taking them? Do they really really help? He has had some on a few days before and it seems to make him happier and nicer but IDK. Answer anonymously if you want. Thanks.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Health

• I take 1mg 3x a day for panic attacks. The only problem I've had with Xanax is I've had to increase my dosage in such a short amount of time because it stopped working. It could be just me though. I also take Remeron for depression. I'm surprised that's all they put him on honestly with the other issues he's having. It does make me sleepy so he needs to be careful.
    Good luck to you both.
    Anonymous

• I used to take Xanax for anxiety, but Xaxax is a "quick fix" I'm sure this is just a short-term fix for him until the Dr. can find a more long-term solution. !st Anon is right-It does stop becoming effective and quite quickly. It can also be very addicting so Dr.'s don't like to prescribe it much, or maybe thats just my Dr.
    Good luck!
    Anonymous

• i agree with the pp, they shouldn't be used long term, and are highly addictive.
    teri4lance

Answer by teri4lance at 10:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• No, it is very addicting, and what's weird is that when people get addicted to it they get mean so if he already had anger issues i can't see it working out; he shouldn't stay on it long. i have been on a few different antidepressants. Wellbutrin was the best for me. I was also on cilitopram.
    Anonymous