When someone deletes an account...

...and starts over again, do they start with a clean slate, or can they still be held accountable for past behavior? If someone has many previous accounts, does it work the same way? Does it matter whether they delete their account before they can get into trouble, or can the new account still be held accountable for behavior that had not yet been addressed before the deletion?

(that's the very condensed version of this question, lol)

I asked CM directly, but I wasn't sure if I needed to cover all my bases, since Answers seems so far removed from "regular" CM activity. ;)

bandgeek521

Asked by bandgeek521 at 5:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in About CafeMom

• I suspect what does happen and what should happen are 2 very different things.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• "I suspect what does happen and what should happen are 2 very different things."

As do I. Especially in the case of serial delete-ers, so to speak.

Honestly, it ties into some other questions I've had, too, like whether CM goes by an instance by instance policy where someone can get away with things over and over again as long as she doesn't go too far, or whether it's cumulative and too many strikes and you're out kind of thing....
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 6:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Not sure- I've had the same old account for 3 years now. And I'm not about to start over- I just hit level 44 today :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• isn't there a program of some sorts that could do 95% of the work to monitor for this exact problem of serial delete-ers

...just saying
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:14 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• "Not sure- I've had the same old account for 3 years now. And I'm not about to start over- I just hit level 44 today :)"

Same here - 5 years with the same profile. I have a name thought up that I would use, but I have too much invested in this profile.

"isn't there a program of some sorts that could do 95% of the work to monitor for this exact problem of serial delete-ers"

If there is idk why they're not using it! lol
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 6:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• IDK. I guess it would probably depend on who they are and what they did under past SN's. The couple that I have known to retread themselves under different SN's seem to have some kind of mental illness (or social disorder at least), but haven't outright done anything to deserve being banned outright.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• When this started getting ugly, I hadn't even considered GerpieKerpieLu. I think this is a new record for keeping a name.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• lol I think I missed that NP. Or it went over my head when it was happening.
    bandgeek521

Comment by bandgeek521 (original poster) at 7:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Depends on who you're asking. A regular member will likely tell you that their slate is not clean and they have to earn back the respect they've tarnished under the previous 99 incarnations which will never happen and the regular knows it. A member who has never encountered the person before will claim the slate is cleaned and they deserve a second chance (not knowing of the 98 previous chances which will start it's own form of drama) As far as the team is concerned I guess it would depend on how bad the previous infractions were. I've seen people come back with name after name after name come back, and I"ve seen the Team lay the smack down on trolling hoes (especially when they're asking for money or lying about abuse etc. "sinclair" ring a bell?)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:21 PM on Jun. 12, 2013