What's for dinner? My house smells so good!

I found this really easy recipe for salsa chicken in a slow cooker. It was on the Mostly Homemade Mom blog. I'm going to serve it over rice and corn, with tortillas on the side. The smell is making my mouth water, even though I'm having a bad sinus day and don't feel like eating.

2 cups salsa (I used a jar of mild)
1 can cream of chicken or cream of mushroom soup
1 packet taco seasoning
1 pound chicken pieces (I used skinless, boneless thighs)
1 cup sour cream (I'll cut it to 1/2 cup since I can't eat much dairy)

Combine soup and salsa with taco seasoning in slow cooker. Add chicken, cook on low about six hours. Remove chicken, shred it, and put it back in the sauce with sour cream. Heat through, serve over rice or baked potatoes, or on tortillas.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 5:58 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Food & Drink

• That sounds really good! I made a big pot of stew. Why, Idk. It's too dang hot for stew. I'm babysitting and thought these kids would like it. Only my child does. The others declared it disgusting because it has meat in it, tomatoes, carrots, etc. lol.
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 6:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• sounds good. Since dh is out of town for work I don't make huge meals, the kids won't eat it anyway. My dd is over at my mom's so my ds and I are having chicken tenders, corn on the cob and mashed potatoes.
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 6:01 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Sounds good! We're having leftovers. I refuse to cook again until the food is eaten, lol. It was just too hot today! There are a few different choices, though, so it's all good :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:00 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I am being lazy...it is half price Wed at our country club.They have a theme buffet on Wed half the normal price.It is slow on Wed at the club so they make it cheap. 7.50 tonight .It is Italian night...their veggie lasagna ,spaghetti ,Eggplant parm and salad bar is some of the best I have ever tasted .Their other theme buffets are just ok but I keep track of Italian night on their calendar. YUMMY

drfink

Answer by drfink at 6:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• We're having sloppy joes (made with Manwich tonight) and french fries.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 6:10 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• MMMM- sounds good. Not sure what we're having yet. Nothing thawed & the grill is off limits since we will be getting poured on any minute. Might do an egg sandwich for my dau & hubby & I will figure something else out. Enjoy your meal. After the day you've had, you deserve a nice meal. :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:11 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Spaghetti. Keeping it simple!!
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• tortellini with olive oil and pesto
    some cheese filled garlic bread sticks
    and a beer
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 6:18 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• i made some pesto yesterday, so today i served it over rotini noodles & we had garlic bread with it. deeeelish
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 6:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• DS had leftover chili - I took leftover chicken (cold) and stirred it up with may, ranch, cheese, chopped tomato, and lettuce and put it in a tortilla. Just wish I had put some pepper in it, lol. Side of Sun Chips and I'm happy :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2013