What % of the nasty anon trollers

what % of the nasty anon trollers would be gone for good, if ...
serial delete-ers would not be allowed back on the site

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 6:16 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in About CafeMom

• "the people who have been abused would certainly be allowed to have a new account"

Jumping off of her train of thought, not meant as a counter to it, lol I don't think most of us care if someone starts over for a legitimate reason (even just getting sick of their screen name or whatever), it's the people who act like they're so smart CM can't catch them when they jump from one account to another that bother us. ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 8:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• ignoring them does not work
    i really wish ladies would read and understand the issue with anon Stalkers.

(i like anon- dont want it gone)
    but people need to realize people have had to delete their accounts and come back under different SNs because people who have abused the anon feature have tracked them down IRL

this isnt an opinion. it is fact. the authorities were involved. and just because it hasnt happened to you doesnt mean it hasnt happened to other members.

so while just ignore them (like cant we all just get along) is a warm fuzzy thought
    when the fuckers are interfering with your children's safety what the hell options are left?

oh i know- we consider treating every one like they are in kindergarten...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 6:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Answer by feralxat a minute ago

I wish I could vote this up about 30 more times...

And it's funny how the same people who always say "oh it's not so bad" continue to play dumb EVERY SINGLE TIME they are told about these incidents. After the 4th or 5th one, it's kind of hard to believe they don't remember every time they've been told.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 6:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• You know, it's been said that in some churches, the devil gets more airtime than God. Sometimes I think on CM, the trolls get more press than the legitimate moms. I usually try to just click to the next question and shrug them off.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:24 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• "would be nice to count on a monitor that poofs those that are clearly abusing it

what are the chances that the current attention will stay, and someone from CM will be poofing the crap ass anons?"

Honestly, the way they've dealt with trolls in the past, I don't hold out much hope. Maybe for a while they'l be on top of things, but how long until they ignore us again and chalk things up to mere "feuds" (or whatever else, like ignore us entirely) like before? Forgive me if it takes me a while to believe the sincerity of this sudden renewed interest...
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 6:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• unless the computer address itself is blocked.

That's what fiat is asking - a block that checks for IP and email to make sure they don't make a new acct. That's what the R&B troll is doing now. As soon as she gets reported enough times and starts getting warnings from CM, she deletes her acct and makes a new one. We talked to CM, all they say they'll do is "watch the new acct" even though there were open reports about her they ended up not handling because she deleted before they could. Essentially, they get a clean slate every time they delete and start over.

What BG is asking in the other question is that the past behavior be cumulative and transfer from the old acct to the new, no more clean slates.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Does she even get warnings? I had doubted that even that happened....

We know the last one did, it was closed by CM with a note (something they haven't done in a year), then she immediately popped up with "CM told her to delete it". I don't think it would occur to her that CM would send her a message at all if they hadn't done so.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 7:13 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• but people need to realize people have had to delete their accounts and come back under different SNs because people who have abused the anon feature have tracked them down IRL

Sorry. When I spoke of ignoring the trolls, I was referring to the common annoying gnats, not the occasional very dangerous scorpions.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• 7-12%. Because that is the percent of duplicated accounts that would get caught. (Yes, yes I am just pulling numbers out of my ass, thank you for noticing!)
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:03 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Good question. Since there is a link thru FB, can they jump on & post anon that way? (Not sure how that works since I don't do FB) Honestly tho, while they're annoying, I've learned to ignore them or bypass their insane posts. I thought we all agreed a while back to just ignore those posts so we won't give them the reaction they want.
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 6:19 PM on Jun. 12, 2013