Would you leave your 17 yr old home alone for the weekend?

It's not my weekend to have the kids and I have plans. He is going to be gone all weekend with the boys but my daughter can't go as she has to work.

Do I cancel my plans and stay home? Do I find a friend or relative that she can stay with? Or can I leave her home alone? It would really only be saturday afternoon and sunday morning.

She is a good kid that doesn't smoke, drink or do drugs.

Asked by tempsingl3mom at 6:34 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• My oldest is 16 and we have left her alone. It all depends on if you trust her and if there's someone nearby that she can call if she needs anything.

Answer by GarysWife1991 at 9:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• if you can trust her then yes. She's 17, close to an adult.

Answer by LostSoul88 at 6:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I never did. Even good kids can be tempted to do things they wouldn't normally do, not just drinking or drugs.

Personally, I couldn't, but I know a lot of people do.

Answer by ohwrite at 6:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• i would leave my boy home in a heart beat
    he would watch tv and play on the computer so much he may forget to eat :/

my girl- aw hell no!

Answer by feralxat at 6:50 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• this is what you think happens at teen parties

this is what actrually happens

just in case youre afraid the kid will throw a party, nothing to worry about. Just for laughs

Answer by leksismommy at 9:02 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• She sounds like a level-headed kid. If she's comfortable with being left alone and there's someone nearby she can call in an emergency, I would. Really, depends on the kid. I would have left my stepdaughter home alone at that age, but my stepson is another story.

Answer by Ballad at 6:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I would. Maybe have someone look in on her, or see if maybe she can sleep over at a friends for a night.

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:40 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• My parents did, numerous times ages 16-17, my parents were in the middle of buying a home in another state. Believe it or not, I didn't throw parties or anything.

Answer by leksismommy at 6:47 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Absolutely! My Parents used to leave me home alone for a weekend when I was 13. They had a summer home 2 1/2 hours away. They would leave on Friday afternoon & come home Monday afternoon EVERY weekend! They would leave me $20 just in case I needed it. :P I have 2 sisters but they had their own apartments a few miles away but never came to the house. I even had to take care of the dog. I think it was good for me though. It taught me responsibility. I had to set my alarm clock, get dressed, eat breakfast & go to school. Come home do my Homework, make dinner for myself & get to bed. That was back when kids came second.

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Personally, NO I wouldn't.

Answer by louise2 at 6:54 PM on Jun. 12, 2013