Fiance has had a weird rash on both of his arms for a few months?

My fiance developed a strange rash at the end of winter and it has not gone away. It's on both his arms in roughly the same spot and will not go away. He says it's itchy and uncomfortable and it appears to be getting worse. It looks like a cluster of small blisters. It doesn't appear to be a heat rash and we have attempted to treat it as eczema and it has not helped. He is going to go see a doctor soon but his work schedule is crazy so I thought I'd see if anyone has any ideas on here.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:26 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Health

• I have that. Allergies. contact dermatitis

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Looks like Scarlet fever rash. It's caused by the Strep virus. Was he sick? He should see a Dr. ASAP.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• He had strep but got over it :/
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I've seen that before and was told it is some kind of fungus.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Hi! That looks like psoriasis to me. I used to work with a gal who had chronic problems with it. It's a skin condition, not contagious, not serious, but certainly irritating. The first link below is a pic, check it out.

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/psoriasis/ss/slideshow-psor-overview
    http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/psoriasis/default.htm
    AngelicaDem

Answer by AngelicaDem at 11:08 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Maybe he is sensitive to a detergent or soap. I would say something is irritating his skin.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 11:20 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I was going to say Psoriasis as well, have you tried a coal tar solution(you can get it in a cream/salve form at pharmacy). Definately see a doc but you could try the coal tar in the meantime.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 11:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• It looks like what I've gotten when I've had an allergic reaction to something on my skin. If it's constant, it could be detergent, fabric softener, soap—the things you're exposed to all the time, rather than only occasionally.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:58 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Thanks ladies! He has an appointment for tomorrow :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2013