This is awkward, but my 4 year old daughter started "humping" blankets last week and its becoming more frequent. What can I do?

Mhec4

Asked by Mhec4 at 9:59 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• IT's totally normal... all she knows it it feels good so then do it. Just redirect her and/or tell her that's ok in the privacy of her own room but not in the common areas of the house.
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:04 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I agree with Crafty, It is NORMAL. Just tell her that it is okay but she can only do it in her room or the bathroom. Time to talk about privacy. Do not shame her.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:17 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• You tell her that that is something she should only do in private. Do not tell her that it is wrong or dirty.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:32 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I agree with all these ladies...

Answer by older at 6:53 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Thanks a million ladies. You were all very helpful.
    Mhec4

Comment by Mhec4 (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I agree it's normal. Just tell her it's something she does in private and absoutetly no shaming.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 5:40 PM on Jun. 17, 2013