My 4 yr old is peeing on the floor!!

She is fully potty trained, but I cannot figure out why she is doing this. And get this, she peed on my CAT!!! Help! Advice please! Possible reasons??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:29 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• You and your husband need to seek some help for learning how to get along and for learning how to discipline together. You have a tendency to be too lenient and he tends to be too strict. You are both guilty of confusing your child. This will only get worse unless you and he get on the same page. She is not too young to be taught to be well behaved, but you both are going about it the wrong way. Get some help and be very careful in your selection.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:24 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Your husband needs some parenting classes. It sounds like the ony attention she gets from him is negative attention. Please seek some classes or at least have him read some parenting books about how children need positive attention and reinforcement. Your library should have many. This is very unhealthy situation for your child. GL
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• What's changed in your family?
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:30 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Has something rocked her world lately? New house, new school, new sibling, stressful event in her life?
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 10:38 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Make her clean it up every single time. Plus what pp's asked.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:07 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• No major changes, no new house or anything like that. I did read up on it a little bit, and what you all asked me, I think its anxiety. And its I think its because of my husband, her daddy. It seems lately she can't do anything right. Like tonight, we went out for diner, and the food sucked. She loves chicken strips and when she didn't eat them or the fries, I tasted them, and they were nasty. So she didn't eat them, and I don't blame her. Well me and him were eating our dinner, she would stand up in the booth and look out and see cars going by. DH would tell to sit down, and she would sit, but it was on her knees. I told him she is bored, and been up since 10:30 am, and she was hungry. I planned to go by McD's and get her a happy meal. She wouldn't eat the food there. Or when we are at home, he would ask her to do something, and she says "no". Ok I get it, she needs to listen to us. He would ask her again,

conmt>>
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:12 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• >>then yell at her too do it, and of course she starts crying. Or like yesterday she gets into his stuff and gets his eye drops. Yes its my fault for not keeping a eye on her or locking our bedroom door. He gets frustrated at her, and tells her everytime she takes something of his without asking, he will spank her, and not warn her. I stepped in and I tell him, no that's not fair, then all you do is make her scared of you. I try tell him its the age, and just have patience with her. God only knows some days she gets on the last nerve, tells me no all the time when I ask her to do something, such as picking up her toys. I say fine, if I do it, you will stand in the corner in a time out. It seems like he is yells at her all the time, I try telling him she is only 4. He like, ' she never listens to me, she only listens to me when I yell at her, or she isn't happy until I yell at her" Yesterday I hear him tell her

>>
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• ..." I can't even have a peaceful day off, because I have yell at you!" everytime I try and talk to him, it seems like we end up arguing. It does seem like she never listens to us, but she is still young, and she gets frustrated just like we do, and rebeling is her outlet.
    Am I being too 'soft' or I am I spoiling her? *sigh* What do I do now? :(
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:29 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• And I meant to say that the peeing on the floor may be simply to get attention. Kids will go for the negative attention if they do not get enough positive attention. They figure it is at least some attention.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 8:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Thank you ladies..:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2013