Home remedies for spider bites and/or brown recluse bites? adult content

Good evening ladies,
I'm from Northeast Ohio. The brown recluse is a fairly new resident in my neck of the woods. In fact, poisonous spiders in general were not common problems here. I was graced with 4 brown recluse spider bites back in mid-April (one was just a nibble, two were pretty nasty and had to be excised), As I sit here on an ice-pack, I think "You know what really bites my ass?" (One of my father's favorite expressions!) Yup, brown recluse spiders have bitten my ass for a SECOND time! I already have a doctor's appointment tomorrow. I was wondering if there's any old home remedies passed down in regions where these creepy-crawlers are old time residents. So, if you hail from a locality that's more familiar with these bites, please pass on any words of wisdom regarding these or other poisonous spiders. Thank you much! [EDIT: To clarify, I mean I was literally bitten upon my buttock again, my hind quarters seem to be the epicenter of the attacks. This location is by no means 'voluptuous,' in case you wondered. Irony seems to be alive and well here in Ohio. Thanks for your input!]

AngelicaDem

Asked by AngelicaDem at 10:35 PM on Jun. 12, 2013 in Health

• I'm pretty sure a brown recluse bite requires a doctors visit.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 10:41 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 10:43 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'd not be waiting for a visit to the doctor tomorrow. I'd be going to the ER....
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:44 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Hi Partygal! Yes, a doctors visit is required, and I have one tomorrow. Last time, I had two antibiotic prescriptions, and I was required to take 8 pills a day total, not including painkillers, which were also prescribed and needed. I know many home remedies, passed down in my family, and I figure there are some out there for these bites as well, in families more familiar with these bites. I do not mean to replace the much-needed doctors visit or medications, just looking for additional tips. Thanks!
    AngelicaDem

Comment by AngelicaDem (original poster) at 10:45 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I'm not saying it works because I really don't know, but if you can't get in anywhere until tomorrow I don't see any harm in trying. This article states that she used charcoal from charcoal capsules to make a paste with a little bit of water, then placed it on the bite and secured it with a bandaid. I know charcoal can be helpful removing toxins, but I don't know about the validity of this remedy.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:46 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I would be calling exterminators and having my house sprayed.

No home remedies from me. Good luck though and I hope you get rid of them!
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 10:49 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Thanks QuinnMae! That's what I'm looking for, ways to draw out the poison. Guess I should have been more specific! I bet I have charcoal, too....
    AngelicaDem

Comment by AngelicaDem (original poster) at 10:51 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• I have never heard of home remedy for them but keeping out dampness and letting plenty of light in home helps.
    morebee7

Answer by morebee7 at 10:55 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• Well, let us know if it helps at all. Since you have experienced these bites before, you would be a good rule of thumb.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 10:56 PM on Jun. 12, 2013

• The only person I know who was bitten by one of them ended up with vomiting, fever, and eventually had to be hospitalized with a LARGE portion of skin removed.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:06 PM on Jun. 12, 2013