How to respond to a homophobic spouse?

Our daughter suspects she's a lesbian, but unfortunately my husband does not like the idea of that.

SashaKrushnic

Asked by SashaKrushnic at 2:06 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Teens (13-17)

• Tell him to shut his damn both. He's her dad and should love her for who she is not who he wants her to be.
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 9:05 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• It's good to talk to him to find out why he thinks this way.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• On what grounds does he disagree? Religious? If so, I don't know how you can give him another point of view.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• It's his daughter. If he thinks there's something "wrong" with her, remind him that she is a product of his DNA and perhaps HE is the defective one!!!
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• You sound like you're doing all the right things. He might just need to be told that he needs to get over it, whatever his reasons.
    emma-s

Answer by emma-s at 2:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Tough one. Has she told him also? If it came down to it personally I would side with my child even if it meant him moving out. What a terrible place to live if your dad constantly degraded you because of how you were born?! Children come first in my opinion good luck
    Beautiful_Mess

Answer by Beautiful_Mess at 12:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• JanetMonroe1991

Answer by JanetMonroe1991 at 4:14 PM on Jun. 18, 2013