Have you ever done embroidery on your clothes?

kity-bity

Asked by kity-bity at 2:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I wouldn't have the talent to do it myself, but I've purchased a few blouses and dresses with embroidered floral patterns.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I haven't done my own clothes yet, just never get around to it, but I've done children's clothes. Here is a picture of some of what I've done. 

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 2:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Embroidery on old clothes is a fantastic way to make something old look new again. Designing hand embroidery on clothes takes substantial sewing skills, so be sure you are comfortable with sewing and embroidering.
    bettysch

Answer by bettysch at 5:16 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• No- I pay someone else to do it. :)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:10 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I did a few Christmas designs on shirts when my sons were babies and have embroidered names on clothes. I have done many embroidered wall hangings.
    silverthreads

Answer by silverthreads at 7:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I wish I had more examples, but YES!! These are machine embroidered, and I did hand embroidery on some when I was younger.

ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:19 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• OH, the little jacket on top was made out of a man's t-shirt. The bottom is a tank top that I added lace to top and bottom, and machine embroidered the butterfly on. I also made the jacket over the tank out of a t-shirt.
    ohwrite

Answer by ohwrite at 9:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

•  

This is my shirt that I've just embroidered by hand.

kity-bity

Comment by kity-bity (original poster) at 9:21 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Yes and I would also make lil outfits for my girls were little and add the embroidery after the garment was done. Its great fun!
    hau_siyoka

Answer by hau_siyoka at 2:17 PM on Jul. 17, 2013