Daughter's last day of kindergarten

Proud of her
but sad that kindergarten is over
and thinking about all the "last time" events that have already happened
most you never know are the last, hard when there is an event that marks a last- makes me think of all the lasts that went without a second thought

they grow so fast

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 7:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Just for Fun

• Now, onward to first grade!! I know they grow too fast. give her big hug for us. So proud of her.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I cried at my son's kindy graduation. He seemed so big! I just went through pics from it last week and am wondering how he could be 9 years old already. :(
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 8:35 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Awe. I know how you feel. I cried my eyes out when my Son graduated Preschool. I was so worried about him going to Elementary School & on the bus. Now he is also finishing Kindergarten next week. It's weird, I am not feeling sad about it at all. I'm looking forward to having him home. Maybe because he plays so nice with his little Sister. She misses him so much when he's off to School. She is so bored alone with me :)
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Know exactly how you feel they grow way too fast.
    Alisim

Answer by Alisim at 9:11 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• They do grow way too fast. It doesn't feel like it when you are in the middle of "NO!" and potty training. Then all of a sudden you are literally seeing eye to eye with them. My oldest just hit 6 ft! and is in Drivers Ed. I am completely longing for those last days of kinder and first grade.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 9:22 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I was doing that yesterday. Yesterday was my daughter's last day, today is my son's. Watching her run down the path to her classroom while I'm miles behind (not literally) got me thinking of her first month or so of school. She would NOT let go of my hand while walking to that same classroom. She spent the 5-10 minutes in the morning scheming some way to get me to pick her up. She was SO clingy. Now, she's been spending the last few months scheming on ways to get me to stay home so she can walk to school all by herself (with her older brother).

So many changes in so short a time.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 11:20 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Onward and upward, Mama! The days are long, but the years are short.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2013