How to clean my 18 months old son's teeth?

I am trying to teach my child to brush his teeth . I brush my teeth as well with him so that he can learn by seeing me. But this is not always successful. At times he brushes his teeth while playing also. But he is not willing to do this everyday. And how to clean his tongue? I used to clean his tongue with the help of cloth but now he bites me. Suggest me something how to teach my child brush his teeth and clean his tongue.

newmommy121211

Asked by newmommy121211 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• A child soft toothbrush and a tiny bit of toothpaste- they have children's toothpaste now, but I still can't trust them not to swallow it- and brush his teeth for him, then have him stick out his tongue and give it a few swipes. There are tongue cleaners that you pull from the back of the tongue forward, but I don't think I'd worry about this at his age. Brush his teeth for him and then let him try for himself for a few minutes.

Answer by Bmat at 9:51 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• They sell baby toothpaste with no fluoride in it. It has a picture of "Little Bear" on it. Then just do your best.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• You brush them for him till he can do it on his own.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:18 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• You can alsouse just a tiny dot of toothpaste on your finger if he doesn't like the brush. I'd stop trying to wipe hs tongue with a cloth. I wouldn't like that, either, and if I couldn't tell someone n I might bite.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:44 PM on Jun. 13, 2013