Potty training with cloth diapers

I am potty training my 22 month old dd who loves to sit on potty and go on potty but only at her own pace. There are times that she will go all by herself on the little potty then times when she goes on the floor. I don't want to stop since she does do it. But she does have more accidents thAn success but if I ask if she has to go potty she will crab herself say potty and run to potty doesn't mean every time she will go. Well nap time and bed time she still wears diapers (we use undies or nakedness while training) well thing is she seems to poop at nap time but she either poops and takes off her diaper or takes her diaper off and goes on the floor. Then this morning she had a completely dry diaper she took off but had peed all over the bedroom floor. I am lost at what to do. I have hardwood floors downstairs so a little easier, but carpet upstairs. I have tried everything. Duct tape, backwards, Indies, footie PhD that zip, I even put the PhD on backward but she gets the diaper off still then it is in the foot of pjs. I was actually thinking of just switching to cloth diapers for public and nap bedtime can't be any worse to clean up then I already do now. But if I do I was thinking of buying a pack of ten white foretold diapers and using her thick training undies to keep them on since the covers are expensive. What do you think? I am always home unless I run to the store so she wouldn't use them all that much so ten would be plenty.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:56 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• We went through something similar with my DD. I cloth diapered too. I ended up putting her little potty in her room & after a week or two, she started taking off her diaper and using that. I still put a diaper on her at night, and I'd say we have success about 75% of the time. I know she understands, but I also know it takes awhile for bladders to mature, so we don't make a big deal out of it if she does have an accident.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:00 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I thought about that but if I don't notice she went in the potty she will play in it or dump it out so afraid she will do that lol
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:03 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Yeah, that would suck, lol.
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 10:04 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• How about just waiting until she is older?
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 2:52 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Because she likes to sit on the potty and will do it at times by herself and won't keep diapers on
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 4:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2013