Would this make you not use an obituary or leave your name out of it?

Thieves ransack homes of families attending funerals

And it's not as random as opening the paper and looking, they have computers set up to crawl obituaries everywhere to pinpoint exactly the neighborhoods they want to target.  They show up as soon as the family leaves, and have the entire length of the service to take whatever they want.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:18 AM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• What a bunch of assholes.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 10:32 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• This is nothing new. Whenever someone in my extended family dies, there is always someone who stays at the house.

What gets me is people who steal flowers off of graves.Why??

anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 10:39 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• What gets me is people who steal flowers off of graves.Why??

===
    You're not bothered by the fact that someone is burglarizing people's home while they grieve, but you're shocked when people steal flowers from graves? From dead people?
    uwmilf

Answer by uwmilf at 10:52 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• people like that need to be buried alive
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:55 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• It bothers me, uwmilf. But it isn't shocking.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 11:13 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• You're not bothered by the fact that someone is burglarizing people's home while they grieve, but you're shocked when people steal flowers from graves? From dead people?

Well if she's encountered it before of course she won't be shocked that some people use obituary postings as a means to target others. However she probably doesn't understand the motivation behind robbing flowers from graves. Given that a) flowers are relatively cheap b) You would have to be pretty desperate and forgot your wife/mother's/girlfriend's whatever to steal something that'll die in a few days anyways.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Yes, this has happened often where I live. When my Dad passed last year we had someone stay at my Mom's house during the wake & the funeral & also the neighbor who is a Fireman watched the house too. It's sick that there are such miserable individuals that look to take advantage of others misfortunes. I hope others see this post and become aware in the event of a death in their family.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 11:14 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Remember when my friends entire family died in a car accident? Thieves broke into all the cars during the services. Low down dirty a holes!!
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 11:17 AM on Jun. 13, 2013

• This has been going on for a long time! It's nothing new.
    DSamuels

Answer by DSamuels at 1:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

The organized national network of computerized thieves is new, that's why they're making such a big deal out of it.
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 1:51 PM on Jun. 13, 2013