What do you think about chrystler asking for 5 billion and GM asking for 12 billion more dollars?

I dont see the point, people dont have the money to buy these cars reguardless.... Wouldnt it be better if they just order the car as needed(when someone wants to buy one) instead of having 10 sitting on the lot for months

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Money & Work

• i agree with you it should be simple economics i demand the car you supply it, theres to much supply and not enough demanding. if they get the money it still doesnt mean people will want to buy it they're only gonna end up in this same rut all over again unless they come up with a solution on how to get more people to want to buy their cars.
    Keolalani

Answer by Keolalani at 10:28 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• You mean like nix the government involvement and let real economics take over??

Well, I don't understand it all, but I understand that somehow the gov't screwed up the housing/lending stuff with their leniant policies and the auto industry is involved in that lending area too, so the gov't is trying to save them since they ultimately screwed them up. But like I said, I don't quite get it so if someone else can offer clarity... please do!
    Trinjo

Answer by Trinjo at 10:14 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• it thought gm was saying they needed another like 16 billion and chrysler was asking for another 2 billion...at least thats what i saw on NBC nightly news
    Anonymous

• I think if the business sucks that back and the companiesare in such bad circumstances, they should go toward bankruptcy. I have no interest in keeping companies alive just for the sake of doing so, or because they 'always have been'. enough already.
    sunmoonstars

Answer by sunmoonstars at 6:26 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Why would they need more money if they are laying off workers.....HMMM sounds like greed or they are hoarding the money
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:38 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I somewhat agree, I think they should try to help out the auto industry because in some states that industry could either make or break the state as a whole. The big picture is that it's not soley on the "Big 3". If they go under not only will all the current employees go under too, but all businesses that have anything to do with the auto industry would follow, not just those who directly supply parts for vehicles, but think about the ones who supply parts for the machines to make all these vehicles and cars, those who have retired will also lose everything, their retirement, thier health insurance, everything. BANKRUPTCY IS NOT AN OPTION! Too many people would be effected, think about all those employees and retirees going on state aid and insurance.

taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 8:42 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• Maybe rather then including the I think 300 billion to buy all government officials a "green" car they should save that money and make all those officials buy there own gosh darn car (American made car) and that alone would probably help stimulate the economy. Just an idea though :o)
    taylorsmommy00

Answer by taylorsmommy00 at 8:43 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I don't agree with the whole "stimulus" package at all. They didn't even read the bill before they passed it, how could they?? It was 800 pages long and they passed it within hours. I think there is a reason that ZERO republicans voted for it.

I am a business owner and if I mess up, I don't see the government bailing me out!  We will not see a dime of ANY of that money.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:47 AM on Feb. 18, 2009