Does drinking more water = sweating more?

the past two times ive been outside in the capris im wearing, i sweat like nobody's business. the capris are jeans and thick and i know its stupid to wear them in 90 degree weather with humidity so high it feels like 101. i took the kids to an outdoor playground with a small splash area. we were there for maybe 30 minutes and i was dying. i had to keep using a towel to wipe the sweat off my forehead! i was drenched. i drink a crapload of water, unfortunately i didnt have any with me while we were outside. but i'd already had two 12 oz cups of water before that. as soon as we got in the car with the A/C i cooled off and im fine. i just wonder if its normal to sweat so much. i didnt see the other moms sweating like i was lol

tnm786

Asked by tnm786 at 12:46 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Health

• Probably the jeans made you extra hot. Did you drink coffee before you went? That makes me very hot between the heat from the coffee & the caffeine too! I had sweat pants on the other day & I was having like dizzy hot flashes! I changed into shorts & felt immediately better.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:56 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Sweating is normal and really very good for you. Not sweating is what is bad. If you are not sweating you are not drinking enough water. I tend not to sweat. That is just my genetics. I have to be very careful to drink while out at faire to be sure I am getting enough water. This first thing I ask someone who is feeling poorly at faire is, are you sweating, and the next is when was the last time you had some water.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:15 PM on Jun. 13, 2013