Do you crack your knuckles? Does your DH/SO?

My DH does it at night in bed right before he goes to sleep. It drives me batty!

BTW, why does Knuckles start with a k? LOL!

ILovemyPaulie

Asked by ILovemyPaulie at 1:39 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Health

• Yes, my husband is the world champion knuckle cracker, and I'm sorry I cannot offer you any hope that there is any chance of change for a knuckle cracker. It was the one thing about my husband that drove me batty almost 50 years ago, and it is today the one thing about him that still drives me batty. I firmly believe "Once a cracker, always a cracker." That being said, my husband is a very good cracker. He can crack while driving, while eating dinner, and while using the john. He cracks first thing in the morning, the last thing at night, and many times in between. I have asked thousands of times for him to stop, but alas to no avail. He thinks it is a very healthy habit, making one's joints more supple than those of non-crackers. I find that while it is a common problem, crackers are totally unaware that it is even remotely a problem. I surely wish I had better news for you!
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Noooo that sound to me is the equivalent to someone putting a wad of aluminum foil in their mouth and chewing it or rubbing styrofoam together. Or the squeaky sounds a balloon makes when it is twisted.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:47 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• No, but my ex did and DS does occasionally. I am like IZ, I can't handle that sound.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:50 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I crack everything.... I do it all the time!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I do not, my Dh does, my son does it.
    No snap, crackle, pop here, except for my knees!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• No, but I will sometimes crack my back if it's feeling too stiff.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Not much any more. It relieves the tension in the fingers, or did for me.
    I pop everything including my breast bones when I stretch. I have since I was a child. My jaw even pops if I open too wide at the request of the dentist. Freaks him out.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:42 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• My son and I were sitting here doing this last night. His big toes crack repeatedly and my thumbs do.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:45 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I use to when I was a teen.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 2:21 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I crack mine because if I don't, they start to hurt. I don't think anyone else in the house does.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2013