Do you say this to your kids? What have you vowed to never say to your children?

You had better stop that crying or I am going to give you something to cry about?

I vowed I would never tell my kids this, along with some other things.

One being, "Clean your plate!"

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:40 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Just for Fun

• I have said it a few times, but I it does sound crazy and my ds looks at me like I'm nuts. I never say "Shut up" to my kids (as much as I want to sometimes). My mom did not allow us to say it to each other growing up.
    LadybugTash

Answer by LadybugTash at 4:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I have, and then I laugh because it's such a ridiculous thing to say. My kids already think I'm crazy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I very rarely catch myself turning into my mother. Thank god.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:41 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• None of the above. I never take those vows because I am sure they would backfire and would be the first thing in my mind to say.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 1:43 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Yep, I have said it a time or two. Most pointless threat ever. LOL, I try not to say stuff like that.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 1:49 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I won't ever call my kids names; I know how much that hurts to be cussed at. I won't ever tell my kids they're fine when they cry. No, they're not fine. If they were fine, they wouldn't be crying. I try to comfort them without invalidating their feelings of distress, though I aven't always been perfect at that.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• No. There is really nothing that my parents said that I wouldn't say to my kids, but my parents didn't threaten and neither do I.

Answer by missanc at 1:57 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• at lunch, i just told my daughter to stop leaning back on her chair, or she will tip over backwards

my parents always had to tell me this too
    what is it with kids and not keeping all 4 legs of a chair on the floor
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:04 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I say it
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 2:13 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I fondly remember the joking remarks like: Go away kid you bother me, Go play in traffic, Does your face hurt, b/c it's killing me!, or If you make a face like that it will freeze that way. I know some of you may think those sound awful, but you'd have to know the personalities of my dad & grandparents to appreciate it was done in a loving way. (They would never let me play in traffic! lol :p)

mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 3:10 PM on Jun. 13, 2013