Do you get self-conscious about weird things?

I have a bruise under the edge of my nailbed (unfortunate avocado peeling incident, don't ask). Because of the shape and where it stops, it looks like a huge chunk of dirt under my nail. I find I keep hiding my thumb because even though I know what it is, it looks like I haven't washed my hands in ages, at least if all you see is the thumb.

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 1:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Just for Fun

• i garden in bare feet + i have no bruising = not self conscious enough

;)
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 2:00 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• A few years back I whacked my arm on the side of the car door and it left a huge bruise. I was so self conscious because I thought people would think I was an abused woman or something! You can see it here- right by my boob- (this was my awards ceremony in Jamaica) and I even had makeup on it! It was gross!! And that was like 2 weeks old at the time!

PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 2:05 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I had neural blocks done on my eyes a few times. The procedure involved threading a small needle in behind the eyeball and injecting purified alcohol into the space to deaden the nerves that sent out pain signals. The first time I had it done, a very nice waitress at a Waffle House approached me when my boyfriend went out to the car. She asked if that big guy with me had hit me and told me there was no call for me to put up with that, and she knew a place I could go for help. After that incident, I was very self-conscious when I got the neural blocks done again, and I tried not to leave the house till the swelling and bruising went down.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:20 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I'm not self conscious of much, but have you thought about painting your nails? Maybe that would help hide it?
    ABeaverhausen

Answer by ABeaverhausen at 2:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• my tummy
    smiley745

Answer by smiley745 at 8:16 AM on Jun. 15, 2013