Isn't it strange how these things work out?

I went out to my garage earlier today & locked eyes w/ a sweet male beagle. He's older, not sure if he's deaf or just won't listen, but he is very friendly. He came up to me like we've been friends for life. Has a collar, but no tags. I gave him a drink of water, got the leash & walked him across the street, b/c I thought he might belong to the people across the street. The lady said it wasn't hers but she just recently had to put her dog down. She asked if I needed any food since she still had some left. As we talked more, she agreed she would take him in since I have 2 dogs already. I think she may even keep him if the owner isn't found. Isn't it funny how things work out like this sometimes?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 3:48 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Pets

• Awww! That lucky dog met two angels today.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:08 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• That is great. I'm glad he is being taken care of and I hope that if the family isn't found that the woman keeps him and enjoys him.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 3:52 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Aww. That's awesome!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 3:58 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• That's really sweet. It sounds like however this works out will be wonderful for the dog - either being reunited with family or having found a new family with your neighbor :)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 4:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• They were meant to be together I bet :) That is sweet.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:14 PM on Jun. 13, 2013