Is displaying category awards next to each answer useful or just clutter?

Currently if you've earned an award related to the category of a question you're answering, we show it next to your answer, like this:

It seems to me that this is probably just confusing to new members, and for regulars it's just clutter.

So, do you think we should kill it, keep it, or change it somehow?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Cafe BTC

Asked by Cafe BTC at 7:27 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in About CafeMom

• That part doesn't bother me.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:28 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Maybe change it to novice, expert, etc or something like that?? Or kill it. Doesn't really make sense if we are dropping the "school" theme... which THANKFULLY we are!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:30 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• To be honest... I never even noticed it.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:31 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I like crafty's idea!
    PandaGwen

Answer by PandaGwen at 7:32 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Honestly that part is more helpful than the points, since it shows how active someone is in a specific section. Someone can have a high level and only exist in C4C, whereas with the "minor" "major" stuff it actually shows that someone is invested in the section. It's probably the only part of the points system that worked - it lets everyone know how the resident members are and who the new people are, how respectable each member has established herself to be, since a lot of the time the trolls don't last very long in specific sections outside of C4C and the like. They tend to get flushed out before they get to "major" status ;)
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 7:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• It doesn't bother me, but I don't see the purpose in it either. I guess if you aren't doing away with credits then some people might use it as their competition and goal keeping. They only really indicate that someone has either posted a lot in that category or has been around for a while, not that they actually give helpful or good answers. I don't really pay that much attention to the award thing.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 7:33 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• it's fine

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 7:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Oh I like that idea, Crafty!
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:34 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• both Bandgeek and QuinnMae have made some very valid points.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 7:36 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• since it shows how active someone is in a specific section

Exactly.... that's why I'm thinking the expert, etc rating might make good sense!!
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 7:37 PM on Jun. 13, 2013