my 11 month old son has been having white runny poop..i just started giving him whole milk could that be the reason why?

mamakaya

Asked by mamakaya at 9:02 PM on Jun. 13, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Could be. I was always told that you are supposed to wait until after a year old to introduce whole milk. Sounds like it's not agreeing with him very well.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Usually you have to ask "what changed?" And that's what seems to have changed. So no more whole milk for now. Technically you're supposed to wait till one year anyway, so put it off.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:06 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• Could be. When I introduced whole milk, I started mixing it in with breastmilk or formula--I had to supplement--one quarter cow's milk to three-quarters, then half and half, then three-quarters to one quarter, so the change was gradual.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 9:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• thank you gdiamante and 2autisticsmom! i am a new mom and am experiencing everything for the first time. greatly appreciate both of your opinions and will stop giving my son the milk for now. thank you again! :)
    mamakaya

Comment by mamakaya (original poster) at 9:25 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• I'd be calling the doctor. White poops are not normal

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:55 PM on Jun. 13, 2013

• You're welcome.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:36 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• i have stoped giving him the milk but he still has diariha and now its yellow
    mamakaya

Comment by mamakaya (original poster) at 1:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2013