Giving more power to the abusive ex to torment his family - Saw this on GMA today adult content

http://www.newser.com/story/169461/teacher-fired-because-her-ex-husband-is-abusive.html

While I understand the concern they have at the school that he could return & do the unthinkable, I think it is totally unfair to uproot this woman & her children who have done no wrong. Why not make the bastard wear a monitoring device that will go off if he gets in so many feet of her home, her work, her car,etc. I also think this asshole also needs to pay for added security at the school, since he is the cause for needing it!

What do you think?

mrsmom110

Asked by mrsmom110 at 8:40 AM on Jun. 14, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• from another article i read the guy gets out in June, and she's being paid thru August. even tho she wasnt allowed to teach she wasnt fired till now. also, she does teach a religion class, so they could easily use the stupid ministerial clause.

it just looks bad on the school/church. okay, so she & her kids are a liability b/c her ex is an abusive asshole...how bout you do something about the asshole! how about the school getting a restraining order against the ex too? how about helping her get him put away for longer than a few months? how bout the school give her the resources to sue her ex for getting her fired? how about increasing security/have a security officer on campus?

they didnt look at all their options very well...they just fired "the problem" in their eyes.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 11:02 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• He's in prison, and she's fired because he might do something AFTER he gets out? I hope she sues the shit out of them and drains them dry. I wonder, does the school also expel students who have a piece of work like this for a father or step-father who could show up at the school, violent and stupid at any time?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:44 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• It's a parochial school, so she likely won't be able to sue because of some clause or other that allows them to fire clergy and religious instructors without notice. Crappy. She also was a member of the church, way to help a parishioner out.
    tessiedawg

Answer by tessiedawg at 9:13 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• She might for kicking her kids out, also, for the ministerial clause to apply, she has to be specially trained to teach religious classes. If she teaches English or Math, they can't use it - courts have put a stop to that over the past year or so.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 9:29 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Don't you know that the laws protect the criminal more than the victims?? It's sad that people get treated like that. That's our judicial system working right there!! Let's take the good people and put them somewhere instead of keeping someone locked up where they should be.
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 9:33 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Wow, what a bunch of assholes. So glad they were willing to reach out and help one of there own instead of getting rid of them. WTF?! I would be pissed, I hope she does sue the shit out of them.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 10:08 AM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I understand were the church/school is comming from. But I think they could have transfered her somewh Did something else bute fire here.

Answer by louise2 at 1:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• How sad! Get rid of the problem, uproot the kids, do nothing about the criminal. I'm not sure what steps could have been taken, but this just seems wrong and appalling.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 2:13 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I hope she sues too. It's a bunch of BS
    LostSoul88

Answer by LostSoul88 at 10:49 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I wonder, does the school also expel students who have a piece of work like this for a father or step-father who could show up at the school, violent and stupid at any time?
    Answer by NotPanicking 3 minutes ago

^^^This school basically just did that. Her children attended the school where she taught. They weren't even given a chance to say Good-Bye to their friends. :(
    mrsmom110

Comment by mrsmom110 (original poster) at 8:49 AM on Jun. 14, 2013