my friend 2 year old son keeps waking up every 4 hours and wants juice every night

purplelady308

Asked by purplelady308 at 4:19 PM on Jun. 14, 2013 in Toddlers (1-2)

• OKay. She's the parent let her deal with it.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• thanks for sharing.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• It does not matter if he wants juice, he should have water and be put back to bed.
    It is most likely that he is wet.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 4:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Are you baby-sitting him? What the mom says goes, I guess, but I wouldn't give him juice at night because of the high sugar content. See if you can break the habit by offering him only water to drink when he wakes up. He may pitch a fit, but if he does, at two years old he can cry it out awhile.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 4:26 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I 100% agree with Dardenella. He is two. He doesn't know what he wants. He is waking up because he is wet. Eliminate juice entirely.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 4:37 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Stop giving him juice and he'll likely stop waking up

Answer by missanc at 4:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• why is he not sleeping through the night and why is he waking up every 4hours .could this be some kind of medical condition?
    purplelady308

Comment by purplelady308 (original poster) at 4:43 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Give him water and put him back to bed. My son woke for water for a long time. He still does sometimes and he's 7. Never give juice.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 4:45 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

Just a guess but I wold venture to say it's because he's 2 and is being given liquids before bed time and in the middle of the night. So he's waking up because he needs to pee or already has. No it's not a medical condition, it's an ignorant parent condition.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 5:03 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• ^^^^That & if the kid drinks juice every day then he's wired out from the sugar & can't sleep because of it. HELLO...There is sugar in juice. It's like giving a kid candy then saying sleep now. NO MORE JUICE!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2013