Stop smoking & chest pains...

So i have been a cigarette smoker for years. I am pregnant, so of course, I quit cold turkey. It's very easy for me and im not craving or anything.

Anyway, I have been having a pain in my chest, on the right side and a bit in the middle.
It's not painful or anything, just a bit tightening? I really do think it is from quitting smoking.

My question is, Anyone that has quit smoking, did you ever get this pain?

AND YES, i will talk to my doctor when i do, i JUST want to know if anyone else got similar side effects/ withdrawal symptoms.

Thanks,
Kelsey : )

MomNbabyGirl009

Asked by MomNbabyGirl009 at 5:24 PM on Jun. 14, 2013 in Health

• May be your lungs healing or are you sure it's not just breast pain from swelling due to retaining fluid?
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 5:27 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• My DH had problems like that the first few times he tried quitting, and it was anxiety.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 5:33 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Cool, seems to be a similar side effect now that ive googled. :)

It's been pretty dang easy for me, I have a reason to quit and of course i won't mess with that reason :)

MomNbabyGirl009

Comment by MomNbabyGirl009 (original poster) at 5:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• A friend of mine was actually diagnosed with asthma and put on medication. Turned out she was just pregnant.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 5:42 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I don't know why you would be having chest pain, but I wish you the best of luck with quitting even after your baby is born. My boyfriend said quitting cigarettes was one of the hardest things he ever did.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:04 PM on Jun. 14, 2013