Ugh, some men are pigs! Is there anything I can do about a serious problem with my neighbor? (Updated.)

Yuck, I still feel my skin crawling. I have this neighbor across the parking lot. My boyfriend and I have greeted him a few times and I know his name, but nothing more. I went to take out the trash this afternoon, and for the second time, this guy walked up on me while I was in the walled area where the dumpsters are. Last weekend when he came up, he asked me if I'd "given my husband any lovin'" the night before, and if I was still horny from it. So disgusting! I told him to leave me alone and walked away to my condo. He didn't follow me, just called something about wet panties after me, which I ignored. I had hoped that would be that.

But this afternoon, he walked up on me again and asked me if I "took good care of my husband" and why I wasn't home in bed with him now. I walked away and came in and locked the doors. The first time as just gross, but now I'm worried and not sure what I should do. There was nobody else around.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 6:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2013 in Relationships

• Tell SO
    Keep the dog with you at all times
    Call the cops and explain your handicap
    Ask to talk to an officer

Even as a sighted person I would do these things- sadly you are at more of a disadvantage...
    You Can't look over your shoulder.
    You can't see him walking towards you and walk away.

Please be hyper vigilant because you have the kid to worry about.
    And
    What if you do get pregnant and the douche does something that causes you to lose the baby?

call anybody and everybody you have to to get this shit taken care of

Use your disability to protect your safety (and your kid's- what if he said/ did this shit in front of her).
    Toss "I am independent" and "I don't want to hurt SO", out the fucking window. Is he so callow he wants to SEE you get- insert activity here?
    IMHO he is taking advantage. Dont allow it.
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:12 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Call the cops. As a blind person you'll never know if he's following you or sneaking up on you. I think they should take this pretty seriously.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:31 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I'd call police and report harassment.

It would at least be on record.

I'd look up pedophiles in your area.

If you have a main office or realty company or something, i'd call them and complain too.

Then, I'd carry my smith n wesson knife on me all the time and mace.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:06 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• If you are having thoughts like you are expressing, I think you SHOULD call the police. If it is nothing, then it is nothing, but ... and i don't mean to say this to scare you or anything, but what if, heaven forbid, something were to happen to one of those little girls running around, or yourself and you did nothing?

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 6:16 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Tell your boyfriend, too. Don't keep it a secret. If something else were to happen You'll want him to have your back.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 6:46 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• What a gross pig! I think I would mace him next time. Pervert! Be careful of this guy. Maybe call the local Police # & tell them about the incident. They may make a point of going to his house & have a talk with him. He may have a history of this behavior. Let the Police handle it. Call now!
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:08 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• First I think you should do is tell your SO. Does the guy live where you do? Talk to the manager.

Answer by louise2 at 6:21 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Call the Police local Precinct number. Tell them you would like to talk to an Officer, explain your disability but be confident that you know it was him. Do NOT have your S/O handle this. The Police may send an officer to watch the area daily too. How do you know this pervert hasn't done this or worse before? They may already be watching him. Just give them a heads up.

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 6:22 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Don't hesitate to tell your SO about it. It's creepy, predatory, threatening behavior, and you haven't done anything wrong.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:54 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Creepy!!!

Answer by older at 6:02 PM on Jun. 14, 2013