can a teacher look at my daughters bum without my permission or knowledge?

to cut a long story short my partner has a ad back and is often unbalanced and he fell into my daughter who then fell into tv unit school got social services out to investigate during this investigation my son was pulling my daughter around on a trampoline and she got a small friction burn on her bum on the saturday on the tuesday my daughter went into school and told her teacher what her 7 year old brother had done and 3 teachers at the school have looked her her bum without asking me or informing me this has happened only my daughter has told me should this be allowed?

anon800

Asked by anon800 at 9:00 PM on Jun. 14, 2013 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Umm honestly I think it should bc they are looking out for your dd.. I would b pissed if it happened to me and I wasn't told but on the out side looking in maybe they wanted to see if it was really a friction burn or if it was something from someone abusing your dd. not saying anyone is! Just saying that is prob why they were looking! I wouldn't b to mad really but I'd confront them if you really have a prob with it
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:05 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• It's kind of what they are required to do, especially if social services has visited your home in the past to ensure abuse is not happening
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• no
    the teachers, principles, counselors cant look
    but the nurse can/ should

teachers are mandated reporters but not medical professionals
    if you look there is case law on this sort of topic
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 9:36 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• This is n9ot as though one teacher randomly pulled your daughter aside and was getting a good view.
    Your child informed them her bottom was hurt and 3 teachers, for the protection of your child (and their own) looked to see if there was a need to call cps. They are required by law to do so.
    They do not need your permission and the should not have informed you before hand. I doubt they needed to tell you afterwards either but it would have been the nice thing to do.

It may be that they feel she is getting hurt too often and so did not give you a heads up
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 10:56 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• I had to deal with CPS as a kid. The parents aren't informed right away for the safety of the child. If an investigation is being conducted, you'll know soon enough. But if some kid who really was abused went to school and told, and then the parents were notified right away before anybody could check into the story, it could be very dangerous to the case and to the child who reported.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• Your DD did say your son did it right?

Answer by louise2 at 7:11 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• It may differ by state but our state says ONLY a nurse or nurses aid can ask the child to remove clothing to view anything. The teachers etc are NOT allowed to. The nurses can do it without informing the parents.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:50 AM on Jun. 15, 2013