Most people do their time working in retail... Anyone here make a career of it?

When I was at the mall today... I saw a lady that I worked with at a department store. She had worked in retail for 10 years by that point and apparently...she is still at it. And it has been 15 years since I worked there. I can't even imagine 25 YEARS working in retail.

Any career retail sales ladies here?

SleepingBeautee

Asked by SleepingBeautee at 10:15 PM on Jun. 14, 2013 in Money & Work

• I don't think so...but when I was younger I got a winter job at one and the lady (who was about 25) was being promoted to regional manager after working there for 5 years. but there was also rumors that she was sleeping with someone high up in management lol.I dont really know though.
    I personally couldnt do it..i have folding my clothes! yet alone clothes that other people just come and mess up
    Lovin_mybaby5

Answer by Lovin_mybaby5 at 10:39 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• There are some people at local department stores here that have been there for years. Retail is my calling, It's almost all I've ever done. I just can't stay in one place long enough without getting bored.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 11:35 PM on Jun. 14, 2013

• My husband's two aunts have worked at Belk for 15+ years. Of course, it doesn't beat this lady- http://shine.yahoo.com/work-money/macys-longest-serving-employee-retires-73-long-career-182200816.html

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I have never worked retail or in a restaurant/food service.
    RobinChristine

Answer by RobinChristine at 9:53 PM on Jun. 15, 2013