Rand Paul's Advisor: save the nation from the pagan onslaught imposing homosexual marriage, homosexual scouts

David Lane, who also worked for Huckabee last time around, posted the following in an op-ed on World Net Daily last week:

Screen Shot 2013-06-06 At 3.16.26 Pm

Where are the champions of Christ to save the nation from the pagan onslaught imposing homosexual marriage, homosexual scouts, 60 million babies done to death by abortion and red ink as far as the eye can see on America? Who will wage war for the Soul of America and trust the living God to deliver the pagan gods into our hands and restore America to her Judeo-Christian heritage and re-establish a Christian culture? 

"Those who embrace homosexual marriage and homosexual Scouting – or homosexuality in general – know little and practice nothing of Christianity. Christians must not only be allowed to have opinions, but politically, Christians must be retrained to war for the Soul of America and quit believing the fabricated whopper of the 'Separation of Church and State,' the lie repeated ad nauseum by the left and liberals to keep Christian America – the moral majority – from imposing moral government on pagan public schools, pagan higher learning and pagan media. If the American experiment with freedom is to end after 237 years, let each of us commit to brawl all the way to the end because, 'Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization.'" 
FULL: WAGE WAR TO RESTORE A CHRISTIAN AMERICA [WND]

The story stayed up for about a day, then it was yanked, as soon as it hit the media that he was working as an advisor to Paul.  If you go there now, it says the story was removed, but the original title is still visible in the URL.

If you Google David Lane, you will find this rhetoric is typical for him, meaning there is no logical way on earth that Paul (or Huckabee, or anyone else) hired him without being aware of it.  Logic says, you don't hire someone you disagree with about things like this when you are a politician and KNOW it will be connected to you.

(that should pretty much cover anyone who wants to make implausible excuses for Paul, or any other GOP candidate who has worked with Lane before)

Now, read that bolded part again:

Christians must be retrained to war for the Soul of America and quit believing the fabricated whopper of the 'Separation of Church and State,

Can you, in good conscience, support someone who associates with that idealogy?  If the answer is yes, how do you justify supporting someone who agrees with the mass subordination of every Jew, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Sikh, atheist, agnostic, pagan, Taoist, and Native American man, woman and child in the country?  What exactly is the difference between the Christian supremacist idealogy and the white supremacist ideology?

(forgot the other link - if you want to read the entire thing, if you think you can stomach it, the cached copy is online here)

NotPanicking

Asked by NotPanicking at 10:57 AM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Politics & Current Events

• There is no difference, and the guy is a big jerk...

Answer by older at 11:00 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• God no. I can't even READ that, never mind support it. And there is no difference.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 11:04 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Christian nation my ass, the level of hate and bigotry that people like him spew isn't Christian. I couldn't support that, nor could I support anyone who associated with him. I see no difference either.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:29 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• You know if I believed in 'these are the end of times' stuff, I'd be more worried at those guys than Obama, you know? I mean they preach fear and hate disguised as what's 'right' and 'Christian.'
    mommy_jules

Answer by mommy_jules at 11:34 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I don't know this man, and I did not read the article, but if he knows anything at all about world history, I can appreciate his concerns. If anyone cares to know why, research what is the final big step in the fall of every nation or empire that has every collapsed in the history of the world.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 11:45 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• If anyone cares to know why, research what is the final big step in the fall of every nation or empire that has every collapsed in the history of the world.

Theocratic arrogance?
    NotPanicking

Comment by NotPanicking (original poster) at 11:49 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

He apparently doesn't know about about how we are all human beings regardless of our sexual preference....and this was never a Christian America, but a lot of Christians are arrogant enough to think so....

Answer by older at 11:51 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

Well it sure as hell wasn't because they turned away from the Christian god and that is what he is implying is happening.
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 11:58 AM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Make the stupid people stop! Especially the stupid people in politics.
    KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 12:10 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• "If anyone cares to know why, research what is the final big step in the fall of every nation or empire that has every collapsed in the history of the world."

well in Rome their final step was to become a Christian Nation not gay sex. cause they were having gay sex at the prime of their country. history does not support your ignorant claims.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 1:31 PM on Jun. 15, 2013