Do you think this is an appropriate conversation to spark about my baby from a stranger

Sold a 120 piece lot of baby clothes on craigslist. All nice no stains no holes no smells.

Wanted 40. Got 30.

Met them. Got asked why I had girls clothes when my baby was a boy.

Told them she was a girl.

She was wearing her yellow ducky footed jammies. There is a hole in the toe. I don't mind, ventilation, cool!

They hand me the 30 dollars and happily exclaim Now you can buy your baby new clothes!!!!

I thank them and leave.

Wondering if a pair of ducky jammies was really that bad.

The money isn't going towards new clothes. It is going to my emergency have to move got screwed have no money fund.

Am I just bitter?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 12:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• That was rude of them. They should be happy to have gotten such a good deal!

Answer by missanc at 1:36 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Yeah you're bitter but shit happens. Good luck with your move.
    funlovinlady

Answer by funlovinlady at 12:34 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I think I am just bitter. I wanted to make a quilt with my girls baby clothes. Instead I had to sell them for pennies a piece. Yeah. Bitter.
    staciandababy

Comment by staciandababy (original poster) at 12:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• That was actually very rude of them, but oh well. You'll never have to see them again so shake it off!
    kelsey08

Answer by kelsey08 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• You may be bitter, but that's understandable and perfectly okay if you don't let it last too long or consume you. And what those people said about buying new clothes for your baby was rude and inexcusable. Thankfully, they'll take their bad manners somewhere else and you won't have to deal with them again.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:37 PM on Jun. 15, 2013