A petty work question, but need advice.

I have worked at my organization for two years now. I was promoted to be a mentor 6 months ago and just this past week, I have changed to a different office location (basically the home office). I am still mentoring the same people though. Anyways, the organization gives out these white t-shirts and myself and the people I mentor have one. They also have the coveted black t-shirts that are only for certain people. I finally earned the "black t-shirt" status this week. 

Here is the thing. On Monday, I am doing a training with the people I mentor. We are suppose to wear out tshirts on that day. Most of the people on my team have asked about the black t-shirt, and I have told them they are only for certain people. One of my team members on Friday was saying that the whole team should get the black t-shirt. The reason of the color difference is to recognize the home office employees and Leaders. 

I want to wear my black t-shirt on Monday but I don't want it to be a slap in the face of my team members. Should I be proud of my hard work and wear my black shirt or be humble and wear my white tshirt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Money & Work

• Be proud and tell them that you too can earn the right to wear the black T shirt if you work hard.......
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 5:33 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Wear the shirt if that is what you are supposed to wear.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 5:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Wear the black t-shirt. The rest need to earn the status just like you did. If they have any more questions or comments about the different t-shirt colors, then I would tell them to route those answers to higher-ups.
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 6:14 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Wear the black T-shirt, but act humble. It's all in the attitude.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 6:42 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Wear the t shirt you are supposed to wear.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 7:02 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• remember when only the elite of the american forces wore berets
    but someone complained that it wasnt fair to those who didnt have the same qualifications

so now everyone has a beret

your accomplishments have been acknowledged. if the others feel slighted it isnt on you. it is on them. they do not have the same qualifications.

perhaps if they did their jobs better...
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 7:05 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I would wear the black one, you earned it.
    DJDNY

Answer by DJDNY at 8:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2013