Do you do any rain or storm precautions?

close windows? open windows? unplug computer? etc .... any special stuff? My (older) parents go bananas and unplug almost everything

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 6:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Home & Garden

• We don't really get rain or storms here. We have only gotten half an inch of rain in all of 2013 so far. When I lived in Illinois and we got storms all the time, we often lost power. I would turn off my computer if a bad storm was coming, because I didn't want it shutting off while I was in the middle of something.
    We also closed our car windows.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 7:01 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I'll close the windows if the rain is pouring in, but not otherwise. Turn off my computer if there's a lot of lightning, I guess.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 7:49 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Yes. We live in Oklahoma. Close windows. turn off tvs and computers. Get off the phone and we do not wash dish's , take shower, wash cloths, in thunderstorms. We makes sure everything on the porches are secure.  We watch the news on a tv we don't mind getting broke.

Answer by louise2 at 7:55 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• If we know we are getting a bad storm with lightening & heavy rain we: Turn off the pool (our pool cleaner pump shorted out once due to flooding), I turn off the TV's, turn off the air conditioning unit & unplug my laptop.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:21 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• If there are going to be strong winds, we bring in the umbrella and chairs and the table on the porch. If it's lighening bad, I will turn off the computer. I usually don't shower during a storm because it freaks my son out. Otherwise, I don't do anything special.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:24 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• No. We don't get storms and when it rains it hardly ever pours. We don't have anything outside that requires removal or a cover so we're fine. But we won't see measurable rainfall until probably November.
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I close windows, except the my bedroom (unless the rain is horizontal, it's not getting in the window because of the huge overhang), put the stroller or whatever else I have out there on the patio (had to do that today)
    leksismommy

Answer by leksismommy at 4:41 AM on Jun. 18, 2013