Costs $7 for Wifi!? ...

Do you have a preference? Hotel? Suite? Certain brand? We got a Hilton rewards thing.. Recently we stayed there and the wifi costed money! You had to pay $7 or had to be a " gold member" . Ridiculous!
Anyone have any other options? Ideas? . . ...

phish2

Asked by phish2 at 9:08 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Travel

• Do you have a smart phone with mobile wifi?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 9:23 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Here, the resort fees are $25 or $30, and I think that's excessive.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 9:25 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Most hotels charge for WiFi. $7 sounds pretty cheap to me. Last time I had to pay for it, it was $10, and that was about five years ago.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:30 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Any time I stay at the Hilton, wifi is free. I guess it depends on where they are locate. I hate paying for it in airports though.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 9:38 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I've never stayed at a hotel or motel that I had to pay an additional charge for wifi, I'm sure the cost was worked into the rate but never a pay at the time charge. And I stay at mostly cheaper places unless I get a bargain booking online.

tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 9:41 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• Word up.
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 2:18 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• usually a hotel. most charge a fee for wifi
    carolina54

Answer by carolina54 at 4:38 PM on Jun. 18, 2013

• A long time ago when Wi-Fi was new, a lot of hotels got themselves into ridiculous contracts and are still bailing themselves out of the payments--and as they continue to charge a thousand others tag along, I think more and more people resent paying for it so this will eventually go away. Bigger full service hotels have more on site, bigger pools, more restaurants, fancier lobbies. For a family though I would take a Fairfield Inn or Holiday Inn Express with free Wi-Fi, free breakfast and free parking. Don't have to worry about pricey room service, just call Dominos. I do like suite hotels for longer stays. Being able to make and store food can really save money even if you just do it for donuts and coffee in the morning and snacks.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 2:44 PM on Jun. 21, 2013

• that's crazy where you going? I don't know if it's because it was Moorhead MN but I stayed in a decent suite and the WIFI was free.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 10:28 AM on Jun. 24, 2013