Is it normal for a 6 month old to not nap well?

Ummm.... this baby has taken like 3 10 minute naps today. Obviously not enough sleep for a 6 month old. She is getting over a cold, just got two teeth and babbling if that makes a difference.

She is visibly tired but not cranky at all. Just not sleeping today?

staciandababy

Asked by staciandababy at 10:52 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My oldest never slept very well. When he got new skills or was sick he'd sleep even less. It could be that or her ears may be bugging her from the teething and/or the cold.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 11:07 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• They take naps? **grin** Mine didn't nap at all. So yours has him beat by a mile.

Six months is time for a growth spurt, new milestones and all kinds of stuff, so changes in sleep patterns are par for the course.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• considering her health
    normal to not nap
    latch her on and drowse- this too shall pass :)
    feralxat

Answer by feralxat at 11:59 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• The teething may be making her cranky. And getting over a cold, too.

Answer by Bmat at 12:05 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I agree. probably teething. Also when my kids have growth spurts they don't sleep well.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 9:25 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• its different with every baby. when my son was 6 months, yes he was napping well, but he was not doing alot of other things 6 months old would normally do. as for your baby, my guess is she's teething?
    cookie269

Answer by cookie269 at 11:55 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Yours isn't napping well either? Only time Tori really naps well is when her sibs AREN'T HOME, which is only Sunday mornings :/ And then mommy realizes she put baby girl on the couch wrong, and I better move her...FUCK she woke :/ (But she woke happy, and I needed to go grocery shopping anyway.)
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 10:38 AM on Jun. 17, 2013

• I also agree it could be teething. My son slept like a rock up until he had teething problems. IT could be the cold too, think about it you don't sleep very well, when you have a cold either. I would say try to do different things to help your baby sleep, they are growing and need lots of sleep. Then again your baby could be just one of those that don't need alot of sleep and don't fuss. Like I was when i was a baby. good luck!
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:49 PM on Jun. 17, 2013

• and could be growth spurt too, my son was like that, and still can be sometimes.
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 1:50 PM on Jun. 17, 2013