Long days with no phone calls???

Ive been involved with an army man for a lil over a year. Right now he is in Virginia. He has been awesome with keeping in contact when he can..and i understand that they can become very busy ans work extremly long hours...but i been a little down lately because the last time i got a phone call was May 26...last text May 28. Im not sure if this just means hes been suuuper busy. Or if hes just kinda done talkin to me? No bad terms since we spoke...He did mention last time we spoke he was getting sent a few place and back over seas in Sept. :( I dont wanna sound clingy or needy...but its just i been wanting to hear from him. can i just get sum advice. (My first time dealing with a man in the army how does this work!! Please and thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 PM on Jun. 15, 2013 in Military

• As an 8yr Army Wife I can say this is pretty normal. If you think he is going overseas in Sept (you need to make sure you're not talking about it in public forum like facebook) then he will have had to take at least 1 month in a training facility to practice, happens all the time, nothing to worry about.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:03 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• well hes been in for 14yrs.... this is not his first time, but not sure how that goes if theyve been there before?? But he did say it was for sure in Sept they told him no specific date yet. No no way, i have not spoken of our convos or of us on fb...im not the type to let everyone in. So that will be ok. Thank you for your in sight on this. I see as an 8 yr Army Wife you are expirenced at this.. And ur advice is what i was lookin for. I will patiently wait for his calls. My face instantly lights up when i hear his ring tone!!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:16 PM on Jun. 15, 2013

• I'm not a military wife. I don't think I could handle it. But I have a good friend whose husband has made a career out of the Air Force. After a while, she took on sort of a "no news is good news" way of looking at things.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 12:35 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I was a military girlfriend like you, and training never kept him so busy that he couldn't make a phone call. And we didn't even have cell phones back then. But it's a different era. (No, I did not become a military wife.)

Answer by gdiamante at 12:43 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Well he sent a small text on the 11th but it was just short. I feel like i havent talked to him...AT ALL! :( A woman i work with has been married for 32 years with a retired man from the Army she was with him before he went it and still together! I take advice from her and what she think on certain situations. She says there were times she would hear from her husband maybe 1 or 2 times in one month!! the wondering if hell call today is always on the mind!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Have you actually been dating him in person or just by phone and text? Just curious what you mean by being involved, since that may change the answer to your question. I was "involved" with a military guy who was a friend of a friend that met me online (saw my pic and started talking to me) several years ago. We were talking on the phone regularly. He was in special forces and even deployed, he would make the phone call. However, after 4 months of talking to him, he finally mentioned that he had a GF! And his excuse was that he was miserable with her. So, I said, well it's not like you're married so why not end it with her? He wouldn't. He wanted us both. Not only that, I was contacted by a few other girls who said that he'd done the same to them and he was talking to all of us, telling us he wanted us to move closer to him when he got back. All I'm saying is that military guys can be quite the players.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:29 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Do you live close to him? Where exactly VA? I might be able to help you out. I know people over there...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:33 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Well he resides in Fayetteville, NC...He was stationed here where i live in for a year...i met him here. We became close and talked about alot if he had gf, wife etc. he explained a he didnt only had been married for yr when he was 24, ended in divorce bcuz she cldnt take it. He i sc now 32. thats something we have talked of over and over! i dont wanna say we r fully dating. But we did talk of all that. We remained to stay friends. and he calls quite a bit. I just hadnt talked to him since then.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:03 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• He just text me and called ! not for long but he said hed would call back bout 1500 :)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Jun. 16, 2013