Need to know what may be going with son being on probation for drugs and me kicking him out after he used again.

son on probation doing good, went to meetings, paying fines. PO came quite often, drug tested, stayed on top of him. son started using again, told me he was caught up in things that he couldn't talk about. tripped out on me, so I put him out, called PO, he said he would come up and do what ever I think needed to be done. My son has not been seen for 2 months and it so strange that I can't get his PO to return my calls and he has not been back to my house since that initial call to him about my son tripping out on me and me putting him out. this little town we live in is famous for talk, everyone knows everything and ive been told that my son is staying with people that are know druggies and working as a informant. it makes me wonder, especially with PO not keeping in touch at all, if indeed this could be true. I've tried to reach out to my son, but to know avail. please help this mom that is not only confused, but worried abou

SabieCash

Asked by SabieCash at 1:37 AM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Adult Children (18+)

• I don't really understand the question?? What exactly do you want us to do?
    Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 1:40 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I'm not sure what you want us to say, if your son's probation officer isn't saying anything. I hope it all works out for you.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:42 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• It is very possible that the probation officer and the other agencies in the area could have offered him a stay out of jail deal for becoming and informant.

But even if this is true there isn't anything you can do about it.

I'm sorry, you are obviously worried which is understandable.
    tntmom1027

Answer by tntmom1027 at 1:45 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• How old is your son?

If he's over 18 they don't have to check in.
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 1:49 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• "told that my son is staying with people that are know druggies and working as a informant."OP
    Not true at all. He will be barred from using or dealing drugs, and if he is there with other addicts, he is breaking probation. He also is breaking probation if he didn't tell his PO he was moving, if thats the he did anyway. And if he didn't meet his PO or talk to him, is breaking probation. He very well could be in jail.

You can contact any Community Corrections office to reach a PO since he will not call you back.
    Michigan-Mom74

Answer by Michigan-Mom74 at 3:07 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• If your son is over 18. there is nothing to do about it. He is an adult. He can do whatever he want. He does not have to keep in touch with you.

Answer by louise2 at 7:20 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I hope he is ok and you will hear from him soon.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:06 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Why do the newbies never respond back?
    PMSMom10

Answer by PMSMom10 at 11:53 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Did you call booking down at the jail- maybe he's there? But yeah, if he's 18 or over, you will not be able to get too much personal information on him. Sorry. Hope he cleans up his act soon & comes back home to you in one piece. GL
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 2:26 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I'm sorry, I guess I should of give more details. My son went to jail for drugs, got out went to recovery, came out, started putting his life back right. Working, paying fines, seeing PO every month. PO officer was knocking on my door every few days, showed up on job for random drug testing. He was doing good. 9 months into recovery I started seeing some of his old habits resurfacing. We talked, argued, cried! All he kept telling me how hard it was being back in this little 1 horse town that is nothing but drugs & trouble! He admitted after time that he had used. I was told that it was not unusual for this to happen. PO was called, he came up and talked with both of us & laid it all out on the table with y son. He continued his visits(even more frequent than before), but things continued to go down. He told me things like he was involved with a certain gang, & (will continue with another comment space)
    SabieCash

Comment by SabieCash (original poster) at 7:04 PM on Jun. 16, 2013