how long did you wait to have SEX after giving birth???

I gave birth about 2 weeks ago and had him natural and i got a secong degree tear. how long did you wait to have SEX???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:44 PM on Feb. 17, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You should see your doctor for your postpartum visit and he/she will let you know. My doc gave me the okay at 5 weeks, then I waited til 7 because I was scared it would hurt. It didn't by the way!

MamaChamp

Answer by MamaChamp at 10:46 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• With my first baby i tore through my butt, and i had sex 2 weeks later, my second baby i tore just alittle got 3 stiches and had sex a week later, with my 3rd i didn't tear at all, but got a virgin stich anyway, i had sex 6wks later only because i was waiting to get my iud in and didn't want mare babys. it's up to you, when you feel brave enough, i would just wait till you stop bleeding first
    angels4262

Answer by angels4262 at 10:48 PM on Feb. 17, 2009

• Yeah i see her next month but i was just wondering.... lol
    i know my bf wont do anything till doc okays it lol
    Anonymous

• i still havent done it and my baby is now 3 months old but then again im too busy too,raising two girls my bf works thirds but we tried and it still hurt.
    Anonymous

• but they say to wait till 6 weeks and when you go to your postpartum checkup
    Anonymous

• 9 weeks you need to watch out for infections and they are really bad if you get one that is why i waited so long because i got one do to the dumb doc that stitched me up. But the longer that you wait as far as 6 weeks the better your insides will heal
    kristyleigh614

Answer by kristyleigh614 at 2:37 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• you are suppose to wait at least 6 weeks, after you got your check-up.

we had to wait 4 1/4 - 5 months, because i had my "period" for that long. stupid mini pill :(
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 6:46 AM on Feb. 18, 2009

• I waited 3 to 4 weeks after each one. I couldn't hold out for the whole 6 weeks the first time, but my doc gave me the OK after my post-partum checkup 3 weeks after my last two.
    amy_k_in_pa

Answer by amy_k_in_pa at 2:06 PM on Feb. 18, 2009