London broil, sear 1st?

Trying a fun thing where every grocery trip we try a new food. We've never cooked london broil before and found a nice crock pot recipe but does it require a pan searing 1st??

hibbingmom

Asked by hibbingmom at 10:57 AM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Food & Drink

• Even if the recipe does not call for it, I would do it. When you sear the meat it helps seal in the juices leaving your cut of meat tender an juicy rather than dry and hard. Also, let it rest on your cutting board for 10 minutes to help the juices redistribute through the meat. When you cut right into it all those juices leak onto your cutting board and there goes flavor and tenderness.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 11:08 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• For crock pot recipes, I always sear the meat first, even if it doesn't say so in the recipe. I like the taste and consistency better.
    momto2boys973

Answer by momto2boys973 at 11:41 AM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I would put it on the BBQ.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 1:23 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I think it's too lean for crock potting.. We always cook it 4-5 minutes a side on the grill with garlic salt & pepper.. cut thinly against the grain on the bias. Tender & delicious.
    anestheticsex

Answer by anestheticsex at 5:28 PM on Jun. 16, 2013