Getting clients for a shop?

I am working on getting my barber/ cosmetology licenses and I would like to get men and women. So I made a flier hand out business cards and advertise on Facebook pages any other tips?

pinkdragon36

Asked by pinkdragon36 at 12:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• When my boyfriend started a watch and clock repair shop, he had good luck putting coupons in the money mailer value pack things that get sent out monthly to local residents. He paid a monthly fee, but it wasn't long before he got it back in sales and referrals.
    Ballad

Answer by Ballad at 1:34 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I would put an advertisement in the local paper with a coupon.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:37 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I would also suggest setting up a rewards program with more business cards. Give new clients a couple to give to their friends and it can save the referring client a certain amount or percentage on their next visit.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:02 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Look into local trade shows and maybe plan on having an exhibit. I know some cities have women's shows where local retailers will exhibit and sell things.

Try to contact your community's 'welcome wagon' where local retailers and trades will put their advertisements in a package for new residents.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 1:05 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Hit up all your relatives and friends and ask for one referral from each of them. Then when those people come in, get a referral from that person.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:11 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Are you opening your own shop or are you going to work at a larger shop? The larger shops around here will actually put a write up about you in their ad when you join the staff.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:12 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Also, if you are friends with anyone or know of anyone that has a kiosk at the mall, ask them to drop a business card of flyer into each customer's bag.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2013