What's your favorite thing about kids?

For me right now, it's the 'wow factor.' I woke up this morning with my sinuses still stuffed up, thinking of the work I had to do, and kind of groaned and wanted to roll over and go back to sleep.

My daughter, on the other hand, bounced out of bed--I was glad to see that because she was kind of listless last night--and said, "It's wake-up time! Mom, hurry, Diego's on! Can I have that cereal you like? Are fruit snacks healthy? Are we going anywhere today?"

She finds excitement wherever she is.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:41 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in General Parenting

• the things they say. how every other day or so they just say something that either cracks me up or blows my mind or makes me sit back and think. its like having little comedic philosophers in the house!
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 5:56 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Their energy, their spirit, their enthusiasm for life, their innocence.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 1:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• She sounds precious I wish us as adults still found "fun" in everyday life like the LO's do.
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 4:07 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• When they nap HA JK

The way they are able to take something like a pinecone and make a game with it for hours (literally happened today with my 6yr old and 4yr old nephew). Their imagination is amazing to me.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:46 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Kids in general, they're cute and say funny things. MY kid, he's always happy, curious, and full of life. Even when he's mad he will outright say "I don't like being angry, I like to be happy" and a few minutes later he is. How amazing is it that it's that simple for him?
    maecntpntz219

Answer by maecntpntz219 at 2:06 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I like watching the like go on when he learns something new. I love his imagination and his energy and his enthusiasm for life!
    kmath

Answer by kmath at 2:39 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Their unconditional love.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 2:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• The innocence & pure love.
    ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 3:13 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• MY kids or kids in general? lol

my son is 8 1/2 now and I love his fearlessness and demand/drive to try anything and everything. I love how his eyes light up at every new experience.

my daughter keeps me in check, reminds me to be my best me when I am dragging. She is exciting, thoughtful, and going to be a star to the world someday (she is already mine!)
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 4:33 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I agree with you and M-avi, wouldn't it be wonderful to be able to not have any worries!
    2kids2dogs2cats

Answer by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:48 PM on Jun. 16, 2013