Training cats? (Kind of funny.)

Have any of you ever tried training your cat to sit? I didn't think it could be done. My dog has always been taught to sit while I put her food down, so she's not jumping all over the place and bumping into me. When my daughter got the job of feeding the cat, she would always tell him to sit before she put the food down. I told her he'd never do it, cats don't sit on command. Well, this morning, after over a year and a half of trying, she got the cat to sit and wait for his food. I don't know if she'll ever rpeat the feat, but she was very proud of both of them.

Ballad

Asked by Ballad at 1:45 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Pets

• Yep, I don't have the patience to train all of my cats and it's best to train one-on-one, but I know someone who's a pet trainer who trained her cat to do all sorts of things, but most importantly, to use the toilet! It even flushes after! It can be done and certain breeds are more trainable than others. Congrats! So, what are you going to teach it next?
    hellokittykat

Answer by hellokittykat at 2:00 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• I've never trained one to sit, but I had a cat for 10 years that was very well trained for some things. Of course, then there were other things that he seemed to train me for, so...maybe it was all just an illusion. lol
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:54 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Two of our cats play fetch.
    RyansMom001

Answer by RyansMom001 at 9:32 PM on Jun. 16, 2013