What could have happened? CC money was taken out, now back in no record anywhere?

I was just reconciling the bank records, on Friday my husband bought new tires, the money was paid with debit, came out of the bank on Friday, now there is no record of the transaction in my account.
Why would this happen, yes there was plenty of money and it almost looks like the store refunded the money, of course they are closed today so I just wondered if anyone had any idea what could cause this?
He was out of town (about 100 miles from home) so if I need to re-pay or send them a check?

2kids2dogs2cats

Asked by 2kids2dogs2cats at 1:47 PM on Jun. 16, 2013 in Money & Work

• I know sometimes it will show as a hold - it'll look like a transaction, but it's really more of a placeholder. Then, when it's about to actually come out (WHich would be tomorrow, so now today would be close enough), it'll seem to disappear, but then once it actually clears, it'll show up again.

I'd keep an eye on it and if you still don't seen any record of it in there by Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday, I'd call the bank first to talk about it. Have the bank do some research before you try to contact the tire place.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• It's called a pending auth.
    Once the store reconciles their records, it will pop back up.
    PartyGalAnne

Answer by PartyGalAnne at 1:51 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Sorry, not bank, credit card company. My brain's not cooperative today.
    wendythewriter

Answer by wendythewriter at 1:52 PM on Jun. 16, 2013

• Monday call your bank and call the store and get it sorted out with them.
    Dardenella

Answer by Dardenella at 2:14 PM on Jun. 16, 2013